Thursday, April 24, 2008

Foreshadow'd!

In preparation for Coachella this weekend, Cameron convinced me it would be a good idea to get out of bed this morning (at 11:30a) to make it to school in time (noon) to see Islands perform a free show to 200 UCLA students. I made it just in time to grab a wristband and a coffee, the latter of which I then wasn't allowed to take inside, and to see an awesome show. Granted, because it was noon, the atmosphere wasn't exactly ideal, but it was a perfect precursor to a surely awesome weekend. Bus Driver even showed for Where There's a Will There's a Whalebone! Here are some photos - a bit noisy, but I'm still getting used to my new camera and figuring out the optimal settings for lower light situations. Damien, any suggestions?

And after much scrambling on Craigslist and such, everyone I know who was looking for one now happily has a ticket and will have a great weekend. Though it certainly won't be the same without Matty, Alli, and Taylor.

Shiny
Cameron + Islands
(click the photos to see a couple more)

No comments: